Friday, May 30, 2008

Maggy the Stray Pup


On Wednesday the 28th of May, Maggy came into my life. She was on the road close to my home and was almost struck by my car. She wobbled into a water filled ditch and I knew that I could not leave her. I luckily carry a vinyl sheet and a flannel sheet and was able to pick her up. She collapsed into my arms and I put her on the sheet. She didn't move for the next hour as I got her to the vet. She was covered with ticks, and open sores. The smell was so pungent and I was afraid that she would die at any moment.
The vet determined that she has Red Mange and that it is severe. She had to be washed..spent over two hours washing and getting ticks off. The the final torture I had to pour sulphur solution on her..it stinks too! She slept for over eight hours after the bath.

No comments: